Sunday, May 27, 2007

Memorial Weekend Training 5/27

 

DATE: Sunday May 27, 2007
ROUTE: Home – Bend
DISTANCE: 28 miles
TIME: 2 hours
CEG: 1200’
WEATHER: 50s windy


I’m on my own today. The front finally hits with 30 mph winds and intermittent rain. Sue decides to stay in bed forever. I leave the house in trepidation at 11:00am. The rain threatens and the wind is fierce. However, it will be at my back at least half the trip to Bend. I have work to do at school and this looks like a good day to get some of my school chores accomplished. In any case, I hear there are Baltic winds in Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania so this will be good training.

I arrive at school two hours later very blown and slightly cold. My room is welcoming and I get right to work. Jon saves me from a very unpleasant ride home. He conveniently needs to make a trip to Home Depot and thoughtfully drives the car instead of the motorcycle. What a guy!

Banjo is glad to see me. We both make dinner. Life is good!

more pictures ...
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shaelin Himsworth said...

That's my school!! Go Mountaineers!!