Monday, May 28, 2007

Memorial Weekend Training 5/28

 

DATE: Monday May 28, 2007
ROUTE: Ochoco Ranger Station – High Summit Meadow
DISTANCE: 20 miles
TIME: 2 hours
CEG: 2000’
WEATHER: high 60s gorgeous!


This is the best wildflower ride you can imagine! Jon, Banjo, and I drive through Prineville to the Ochoco Ranger Station. During the 90 minute ride all three of us are indulge in our favorite treats: a Breve with a shot of almond for Jon, a pig ear for Banjo, and a Diet Coke for me. Jon and Banjo leave me at the station and continue up to the high meadow. Jon will take pictures of the wild flowers and correct papers and Banjo will chase butterflies and cause mischief until I arrive.

The ride couldn’t be more perfect. The first mile I gently ascend along Canyon Creek. Then the slope increases to about 6% for the next 6 miles. After topping the ridge I fly down for 3 miles then follow the meadow for the final 10. I stop often to take pictures and bask in the warm sun.

At the top Jon and Banjo wait for me beside a gurgling brook. We eat lunch and drive back home.

Banjo is glad to he went with us. We skip dinner. Life is good!

more pictures ...
Posted by Picasa

No comments: