Thursday, May 24, 2007

Memorial Weekend Training

 

Memorial Weekend Training


Friday
May 25, 2007

This is my last weekend home and I need to get some miles under my belt, so to speak. Next weekend, June 1,2 & 3, I am taking my 7/8 choir to a vocal festival in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho and the following Sunday, June 10, I leave for St. Petersburg, Russia. Between now and then I have 4 more concerts (I just had a 6th grade concert last night), the vocal festival to organize, grades to post for 150 students, lesson plans to write (I’m leaving 4 days early), petunias to plant and all the other trip stuff to prepare. Although ExperiencePlus provides bicycles for the riders, I’m taking my recumbent and all the unique accessories and parts (tubes, tires, spokes, brakes etc). Packing will be a challenge. I’m going through my normal pre-trip “what the hell was I thinking” period. I’ll stop being anxious when I arrive at the hotel in Russia with my luggage and an undamaged bicycle. Enough of this!

I’m always happy on my bike so I look forward to having 3 days of cycling to my favorite places.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: