Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Wednesday July 4, 2007

 

DATE: Wednesday July 4, 2007
ROUTE: Rest Day Krakow
DISTANCE:
TIME:
CEG:
WEATHER:

Our day started with a brief lecture by Anna, our Krakow guide. Krakow is the only town in Poland not destroyed during WWII because the Nazis chose this beautiful city for their headquarters. In spite of the rain, I enjoyed our 2 hour walking tour.

I spent part of the afternoon wandering around Old Town and part of it wandering around an ultra-modern mall. I found just what I was looking for: energy bars and tights for the predicted cold, wet conditions. Tomorrow we head for the mountains and inclement weather. We are all getting pretty good at “suiting” up: plastic bags and showercaps keep us on the best-dressed list.

Monica and Michele found a laundry that would take care of our clothes … at least we will start tomorrow clean and dry.



Oh, I almost forgot. Happy 4th of July!

more pictures

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Elizabeth -

Kristin Wild passed on your blog site to the 2007 TdT riders.

I'm in AWE of you and your undertaking riding through so many great places!! I know you're up for the challenge especially after the 2006 TdT tour and the Blue Ridge Mountain ride. It’s been great fun following your blog the past few days!

Happy 4th of July and safe riding!!!

Kathy – 2006 TdT support and fellow rider!

Anonymous said...

C, JimJ, Gene &I had a wonderful ride thru juniper, along the crooked river, climbed the P.ville grade(not much of a grade)& returned thru back roads & farm land. Alflafa-p.ville loop. I was amazed at the beautiful back roads,NO cars, lots of head dunking ditches,(90 plus degrees)
The food at the end of our ride looked NOTHING like the food you are eating. Your photo's are fantastic. Glad to hear that your fall wasn't any worse than it was and I know you, always going for the long distances.Glad you have a book full of useful information so that you'll be able to be found..